- Oversee all aspects of the grant-making process and ensure adherence to USAID and Counterpart International regulations on procurement, financial reporting and documentation.
- Lead the programs team of Grants through all aspects of grant-making process - from issuance of Requests for Applications (RFAs), pre-award assessments, preparation of grant agreements, grant disbursements, subrecipient monitoring and evaluation and close out.
- Ensure adherence to USAID and Counterpart International regulations on procurement, financial reporting and documentation, as well as ensure that grantee progress reports and financial reports are submitted to Counterpart’s Global Management Information System in a timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute pre-award training to potential sub-grantees on the requirements of the proposal preparation and submission process and financial management requirements in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Grants team.
- Must have current residency in Mozambique
- A university degree in international development, social science, finance, business administration or a related field of study.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in implementing international development programs.
- Minimum of five years working as a grants manager and demonstrated grants management experience (as well as having provided trainings), including experience working with civil society.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with grants management and administration and assistance regulations for USAID-funded programs.
- Detail oriented and capable of monitoring the financial and technical performance of grantees.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Professional written and oral fluency in French and advanced proficiency in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
- Professional proficiency in Portugal is require.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to email@example.com. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP .
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.